HONOR CHOIRS ONLINE AUDITIONS NOW OPEN!!
Welcome! Make plans now to bring your deserving and talented singers to Pasadena for a unique and unforgettable experience. We'll see you there!.
Youth Treble Honor Choir Grades 6-9 SSA
Judith Herrington, Tacoma Children's Chorus, Conductor
Peggy Spool (San Jose CA), Manager
Junior High Honor Choir Grades 7-9 SATB
Francisco Nuñez, New York City Young People's Chorus, Conductor
Laurel Farmer, (Phoenix AZ), Manager
Francisco Nuñez's choir singing for Pope Francis
High School Honor Choir Grades 10-12 SATB
Maria Guinand, Caracas Venezuela, Conductor
Curtis Mannah (Fremont CA), Manager
Polly Vasché (Modesto CA) Honor Choirs Coordinator
- August 2015: Online audition site opens
- October 9, 2015: Online auditions close at midnight
- October 30, 2015: Sponsors notified of audition results
- November 20, 2015: US Mail postmark date for participation forms and fee; fee may also be paid online via Sponsor
- December 2015: Music sent to singers upon receipt of above materials; Singers will access rehearsal voice files online
- February 24, 2016: Honor Choir Registration, 3-5pm, Pasadena CA
- February 24-27, 2016: Rehearsals
- February 27, 2016: Honor Choirs Concert, Pasadena Civic Auditorium in the afternoon
All applicants must sing under the direction of and be recommended by a current member of the American Choral Directors Association, hereinafter referred to as Sponsor.
Audition fee: $10 (non-refundable)
Participation fee: $130 (non-refundable) includes expenses for Honor Choir conductor, accompanist, rehearsal and performance facilities, music packet and rehearsal voice files, concert program, office materials, and miscellaneous costs. This fee does not include housing, meals, or travel.
The designated Honor Choir hotels are the Hilton Pasadena and the Sheraton, both a short walk to dining and shopping areas as well as to the Pasadena Convention Center. The Sheraton is also adjacent to the Pasadena Civic Auditorium.
The Youth Treble and Junior High choirs will rehearse in ballrooms at the Hilton Pasadena, and the High School choir in the Gold Room of the Civic Auditorium.
Each Honor Choir participant must be accompanied to Pasadena by a parent or other designated chaperone, age 21 or older. It is permissible for one chaperone to be responsible for more than one singer.
Singers and chaperones are responsible for all meal costs in Pasadena. A list of local eateries from markets to fast food to restaurants of all types will be issued. Many are within a short walk of the Hilton and Sheraton hotels.
Honor Choir participants and chaperones will arrange and pay for their own travel.
The Honor Choirs Concert will be presented in the beautiful and historically significant 3,000-seat Pasadena Civic Auditorium. Please see sidebars for additional information.